Saturday, February 20, 2010

Seed Starting

Of course I can't jump into anything lightly - that's just not me. I think we had 18 tomato plants last year and only 2 of this family of four eat them. This year I wanted to start some of our tomatoes by seed. I've done just that and more. I not only have the the 15 newspaper pots going (which is working quite well) but now have a 72 cell Jiffy Pot Starter kit going as well. The light is on and mat as well at times and the fun has begun! We are all enjoying our quick peeks in the morning to note any change and already since planting Thursday we have cantaloupe and cucumbers pushing through the surface. It's quite exciting but there is much worry attached to it all for me. Am I providing enough light? is it warm enough? too warm? When does the dome come off and this hardening off thing sounds like a lot of work! All part of the process I suppose and again I sit here hopeful. I do enjoy following others on their garden blogs - the posts, pictures and how to's have been helpful and inspiring to me.
From And Sow My Garden Grows
From And Sow My Garden Grows

No comments: