Friday, February 12, 2010

Newspaper seed pots

From And Sow My Garden Grows

This is my first year starting some veggies from seed and I've been investigating frugal, earth friendly ways in which to do it. I've seen some great ideas from fellow garden bloggers and had to give this particular method a try. I love the fact that you can just plug these little guys in to the ground paper and all! They were very easy to make and most of you probably have the materials on hand at home. If you don't subscribe to a newspaper you probably have a neighbor that does. To keep the seeds warm I have them sitting in a sunny window in a glass dish covered with clear plastic vented with tiny little holes. The dish is sitting on a small heating pad set on low (I've read that this helps the germination process along) We shall see! A special thank you to Bonzai Aphrodite for the fabulous directions.

No comments: