Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Square Foot Garden ~ Update 1

From And Sow My Garden Grows


From And Sow My Garden Grows
  White Lisbon Onions (green onions)


From And Sow My Garden Grows
Lettuce Rows


Making some progress on our square foot garden. As you can see, seedlings are appearing. The radishes broke ground fast (first time planting them) and will need to be thinned soon. We are also growing for the first time white lisbon onions (aka green onions at the supermarket) I have heard both the radishes and the lisbon onions are pretty easy to grow. We have had quite a wonderful combination of both rainy days and very warm sunny days lately and of course everything is coming up pretty quickly because of it.  Happy to have the rain. As you can tell from the top picture, the drip system has yet to be installed. We shall see how much we can knock of our to do list this weekend. The list is always long and the weekend is always full and fast. I vote for three day weekends :)

No comments: