Sunday, May 2, 2010

Happy May Day




Having two kids with birthdays three days apart in April puts us in full swing with parties and more. Of course nothing else slows down in the meantime. I certainly admire people who can take on more and make it look effortless, show no stress and can manage to stop and have a decent conversation at the party that they are hosting with no trouble at all. I am not this person. There's nothing like back to back Happy birthdays and not so happy happenings all about the same time. Talk about chaos and mixed emotions!  My mother became very ill and was hospitalized with pneumonia and moderate case of sepsis and was hospitalized for about a week. It was a time of uncertainly and seeing my Mother sick to that degree just about threw me off balance. Needless to say I could not think straight and I was overloaded with fear & worry and I planning parties all at the same time. Thankfully she is better now and home but has a slow recovery ahead. It comforts me to see the Mother I knew before she was sick and because of that the fear has backed off and life has pushed forward. I am thankful to be less busy now that the birthdays have passed and definitely thankful to be back in the garden again but most of all I am thankful for my Mother and her ability to be well. Happy May Day everyone!

No comments: