Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Resourceful, Recycle And Sometimes Free :)

From And Sow My Garden Grows



I'm a big Craigslist fan. I have had many successful transactions with both buying & selling and I've even found some great items for free! My latest find was a Smith & Hawken composter, a variety of garden tools and a large terra cotta pot which we needed for our new dwarf lemon tree. Craigslist is pretty easy to navigate and if you have the time you really can make it work for you. When I look for an item I type in my search first thing early in the morning as there are a lot of new posts at the beginning of the day (good things go fast!) I also find that people list things under wrong categories & misspell frequently...there are many ways to find what you are looking for if you are creative. Another site that I've heard is great is Freecycle (The Freecycle Network™ is made up of many individual groups across the globe. It's a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own towns)

No comments: